Learning Magic is incredible. Every time you emerge from a spectacular and amazing magic performance, don’t you feel inspired to learn a few tricks yourself so as to be able to provide entertainment of reasonable magnitude and quality? While this should propel you towards commencing magic lessons, something that would surprise you even more pertains to several mainstream and fringe benefits that would accrue from this decision.
Whether you learn magic the DIY way or attend classes, some of the positive changes that you are bound to experience over the course of education are –
– One of the ways of preventing stagnation from setting in entails opening your mind to hitherto unexplored areas of knowledge and magic emerges as an interesting subject in this regard. You need not take up learning from the academic point of view but simply picking up a book and reading it intently would provide a valuable insight into the subject as also its practitioners. As you turn the last page, you will have gained a wealth of knowledge ranging from the way tricks are conducted to the excitement, psychology and competition involved at every stage.
– Much of the mysticism surrounding a magic trick depends on the handiwork of the magician. To this effect, what appears to be a faster-than-lightening hand movement to a spectator is actually a well-coordinated and perfectly orchestrated sequence designed to facilitate the seemingly impossible phenomenon. So imagine how fluid and advanced your motor skills would be once you work towards achieving dexterity and establishing coordination in your act.
– Given the nature of this field, cultivating creativity is a must and this explains why endless generations of magicians have been engaged in inventing contraptions varying in complexity. The moment you start asking yourself ‘what if…’ questions, using creativity to give dimension to the impossible does not seem as elusive.
– Practising magic would not only instil in you a feeling of confidence but will also teach you to discipline yourself as per the need of the profession. While preparing for the show will make you more organized as a person, the desire to create the first good impression will spur you to hone your interactive and interpersonal skills to the point of being impeccably sociable.
– Having grasped the nuances of this art, you can apply it in innumerable contexts to enamour your guests irrespective of their age. For example, as a teacher, enacting a few magic tricks before or after the lesson will not only keep the children riveted but also improve their concentration. Likewise, doctors and entrepreneurs can also use this knowledge to their advantage.
Therefore, it is never too late to learn magic and benefit from all the plus points that it entails. That said taking up a course is like embarking on a journey full of adventure, experimentation and discoveries wherein each question could have several answers depending on the mindset, skill-set and creative prowess of the magician in question. So the onus is on you to rouse yourself from your comfort zone and take up studying magic for the Pandora’s Box that it seems.
What's your thoughts on this?..... we would love to hear from you
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...