Finger On The Pulse
Free Magic Trick
How to stop your pulse!! Like Derren Brown
You can do this Finger on the pulse trick anywhere.. it is a real shocker to those
watching or are participating. I often do this on the street or on a park
bench. They may tap their leg to show it slowing down.
- A volunteer joins you on stage or even on a park bench. You sit or stand facing the audience
and the volunteer takes your pulse with one hand. With the
other hand, they tap a glass or tumbler with a pencil in time
with your pulse.
- You breathe deeply, more and more slowly. Steadily your
pulse becomes weaker until it stops altogether; the volunteer
stops tapping the glass. Your breathing stops.
Your pulse remains stopped.
- Suddenly you take a massive breath of air and your pulse
starts again. Your eyes flicker open and your return, slightly
dazed, to normality.
- Your audience will be dumbstruck and confused.. How can a man manipulate his own heart rate??!! That is why this effect is so powerful.
- To prepare this effect, take a large handkerchief or scarf and tie a
knot in the middle.(you can also use a small ball)
- Then tie the handkerchief firmly around your left
arm so the large knot rests in your armpit.
- By bringing your upper arm gently in towards your body, the knot
presses against the inside of your arm.
- This pressure stops your
pulse. Releasing the pressure allows your pulse to return.
- It will take
some practice to get the knot size and positioning right for you.
To take your pulse when practicing, use the first three fingers of
your right hand. Place them along your left wrist just behind the
thumb, with right hand thumb on the back of your left wrist.
performance, you should direct the volunteer to take your pulse in
the same way.
Finger On The Pulse Alternative Handling
Place a knotted handkerchief under both armpits. The effect can
then be performed with two volunteers and allows you to stop your
left pulse, start it again and stop your right pulse, then stop both
That's the mechanics of this effect; the rest is pure showmanship!!!
There is has been many magicians who
have performed this trick on telly.. Derren brown has been one of these
magicians.. it helps with giving a mysterious feel to you.. How many
people do you know who can change there heart rate...
For more magic tricks like this Finger on the Pulse then Click Here!!